“It’s not fair…”
“Why can’t I….”
Just shift your mindset and you can!
If you don’t like something, change it. If you can’t change it, change your attitude.
Is your mind caught up in negative thought patterns?
Life satisfaction begins with a positive mindset.
- If you believe you are pathetic, guess what…
- If you believe you will fail, you are destined to.
- If you believe you are powerful, you are!
- If you believe you will succeed, you can!
Mindset is a way of thinking, based on a set of beliefs, that determines one’s behaviour, outlook and mental attitude.
Your mind is a powerful tool, fill it with positive thoughts and your life will start to change positively.
Your life does not get better by chance, it gets better by CHANGE.
What do you want? What do you truly want your everyday “normal” to be? Really think about it.
- Maybe you want to start working out each morning before the kids wake up, and feel energized.
- Or you have a weight loss plan you are considering;
- How about an education or career plan that you have been thinking about? Put it into action!
- Are you thinking you would like to travel more?
- Or do you and your partner want to spend more quality time together?
It is not an unreachable dream… a future plan. Part of creating your “normal” for today is picturing it as a natural part of your everyday life now. Visualize it, and master the art of living it now. Be the energy you want to attract. Begin to live it, create your “normal”, your new reality.
Right now some of you are saying:
“Ya but, my life has been so hard.”
“My circumstances don’t allow for the changes I want to make.”
“You don’t know what I’ve been through.”
I, like you, have endured some struggles.
In the past 5 years, I have been widowed in my late 30’s, after 13 years of marriage (suicide as a result of PTSD); lost my dad to cancer; battled for my own life twice with two ruptured ectopics, and suffered the loss of those pregnancies; coped with the effects of our adopted daughter’s mental illness and the associated loss; and am currently dealing with the neurological illness that my thriving 14 year old has suddenly developed and is now affecting her athletic and academic performance; I have had to change careers; and more… My struggles will not be the same as yours, and can’t be compared. But we all have struggles. It is how we choose to let them affect us.
Make the choice to change your perspective and embrace today with positivity, despite the challenges and stumbling blocks, and always be grateful for the little things (a sunset, a puppy licking you, a baby trying to walk, a horse running through a field, the majestic mountains in the distance, a cup of coffee, a smile from a stranger…).
My life would not be as happy, fulfilled and wonderful as it is without gratitude and a shift to a positive mindset.
A positive mindset, gratitude, always remember that everyone has struggles, and it is how they choose to deal with them, that can create positive change; this is how I have achieved my goals, and chosen to live the life I am living.
Progress is impossible without change, and those who cannot change their minds cannot change anything.
-George Bernard Shaw
What choices do you need to make to create this “normal”?
What actions do you need to take?
- Define your goal(s)
- Change your beliefs – from negative thought patterns to positive thought patterns; “I am worthy of this”; “I am deserving”; “there is time”; etc
- Think positive thoughts – “I can do this!”
- Identify fears and potential obstacles – “I will not succeed”; “I have failed in the past”; “I will not have the support of others”; “I do not believe in myself”; “I cannot stick with anything”; etc
- Practice gratitude – be grateful for what you do have, and each step that you do accomplish toward achieving your goal and shifting your mindset
To achieve goals and live the life you want to live, you don’t need superhuman strength, or the ability to time travel or wall crawl like Spiderman. All you need is to change your mind. Sounds pretty simple really, doesn’t it?
With Positive Thoughts for your Mindset Shift,